In 2016 was marked by great client company achievements and exciting developments at Innovation Park.
Over 30 client companies – representing a wide range of industries and stages of growth – worked with Innovation Park to connect with resources from the University of Notre Dame to advance their venture. Cutting edge research, world class students and faculty and expertise from both regional and Notre Dame networks collaborated to accelerate their growth.
- April – Gary Bernstein, Founder of Indiana Integrated Circuits won the $20,000 1st Source Commercialization Award.
- August – Quinn Family provides $5 million gift for the construction of Quinn Hall a 40,000 square foot 3-level facility adjacent to Innovation Park.
- September – Notre Dame creates the IDEA Center (Innovation, Discovery and Enterprise Acceleration) to catalyze new research.
- October – Construction begins on Quinn Hall.
- December – Bryan Ritchie is appointed the Vice President for Innovation at Notre Dame.
- 30+ client companies call Innovation Park home..
- 15%+ received funding to support operations and growth.
- 60+ ND students were employed by client companies as interns.
- 400+ business meetings were held in Innovation Park meeting spaces.